Friday, January 7, 2011

Peach Explosion

So this past Wednesday when Top Chef was on, there was a few of us who watched the episode and played Cranium afterwards (which was awesome). I really wanted to make a good cocktail with the peach syrup that I had gotten that same day because it looked so delicious. So I rummaged through the fridge and found the following ingredients and decided, why not, I'll mix them all together, and it should be slightly less calories than any other cocktail! It's really delicious, and after the vodka ran out I used this rum from Trinidad that my friend Kevin brought over which was so delicious.

And if you're wondering why it's called an explosion...it's because when I put everything in the shaker...I actually shook it up...and it exploded...all over me. Whoops. :)


Peach Explosion
now playing: Top Chef All-Stars
now eating: fig canapés and chocolate nutella ganache tartlets
inspired by: the new sugar-free peach syrup i got from World Market


Ingredients:
3 oz. vodka (or rum, your preference)
1 oz. pineapple juice
1/2 oz. Torani sugar-free peach syrup (doesn't have to be sugar free)
4 oz. diet cherry antioxidant 7-up (doesn't have to be diet and if you want less fruity flavor use regular 7-up)
1 maraschino cherry

1. Add all ingredients together in a shaker and stir.
2. Place the cherry in the bottom of the glass and then strain the drink over the cherry. Enjoy!

1 comment: